Before installing Sureview you must check...
- that the SureviewPrep script from the Server Prerequisites has been run to prepare the server for Sureview
- which Tier and Components this server will be hosting
- The user running the SQL service must have permission to write to the Immix Cloud\DB Folder.
Online / Offline Install
The Sureview Setup exe downloads the Sureview packages from the SureView Package System via the internet (i.e. an "Online install").
If you are installing Sureview on a server that does not have internet access then you are performing an "Offline Install" and will need to follow these steps:
- Run the Sureview Setup exe on a computer that does have internet access and select the packages you wish to install. This will cause them all to be downloaded as .svpkg files into the same folder as the exe (after it has downloaded them just close the installer instead of clicking Next to actually install them).
- Then you will need to copy the .svpkg files over to the server that has no internet access by whatever means the IT team uses for file transfers to servers (emailing them to the IT team for them to copy to the servers for you, plugging a USB stick into the servers etc)
- Run the Sureview Setup exe on the server with the .svpkg files in the same folder, it will install them without trying to download them from the internet.
The SureView software stores encryption keys in a file called "InstallKeys.keys" and all servers sharing the same database must have the same set of encryption keys.
This means that multi-server deployments need an extra step before running the installer:
- First server: run the Setup exe to install the components as directed below. This will create an "InstallKeys.keys" file in the same folder as the Setup exe. This file is the master key that all other servers also need to use during install.
- All other servers: copy the InstallKeys.keys file created on the first server into the same location as the Setup exe BEFORE running it.
The SureviewPrep script will have placed the Sureview Setup exe in C:\Program Files (x86)\Immix Cloud\Setup
Important: for multi-server installs make sure you have copied the InstallKeys.keys file into the same folder as the setup exe BEFORE running the exe as directed in "Multi-Server deployments" above.
Run the setup exe and click through the following steps:
1) Install Directory
In most cases this should be left as the default "C:\Program Files (x86)\Immix Cloud"
2) Database Connection
Provide the connection details for the SQL server for the Sureview database.
- If the current server you are installing to is also the database server then enter "." meaning "this server" - this causes "Shared Memory" to be used when the Sureview services on the server need to connect to SQL on itself which is faster than going out over the network card if you type "localhost" or the server name.
- If the SQL server is remote and using a port other than the default 1433 then you may need to provide "servername,portnumber"
- If you are using SQL Mirroring for High Availability then also fill in the address of the mirror server too in the "Failover Partner" box
3) Package Selection
Choose the packages in accordance with the Tier and Components you are installing - as that page describes, in most cases you will install the following:
- Data Tier server (run on App Tier if not using separate Sureview servers for the data tier):
- "Sureview DB"
- App Tier server:
- "Cloud Web"
- "Data Service"
- "View Data Service"
- Device Tier server:
- "Alarm Responder (Cloud)"
- "Audit Service"
- "Devices Server"
- The integration components depending on the integrations you will be using (refer to the "Components and Communication" section of the support pages for your particular integrations)
4) Package Download
Clicking next after choosing the packages will cause them to be downloaded
5) Update Notes Review
Clicking next after downloading the packages shows the Release Notes for each selected package (use the drop-down to choose which package you would like to view)
6) Package Options
If any of the selected packages have configuration options you can change them on the screens following the Update Notes. Refer to the support pages for the individual components for what each one does.
7) Service Login
Provide the username and password of the Sureview service domain user which will be used for any newly installed services to run as.
Clicking next after providing the service login will start the installation process.
Post Install Configuration
After installing Sureview don't forget to complete the Post Install configuration steps to configure it
Please sign in to leave a comment.