The Server CPU, and RAM, and File Store requirements are calculated for each customer according to their needs during the pre-install process.
The values published here (denoted by "*1") are just a baseline value to give an idea of what might be required.
The following customer infrastructure items are required for Sureview:
NOTE: Items denoted by *2 can be run from the Sureview servers themselves if your IT team does not already provide them.
- Network: a reliable redundant high-speed network permitting communication between all of the components of Sureview including:
- the servers running Sureview to the security systems it will be integrating with
- the clients to the servers running Sureview
- DNS resolution *2: reliable DNS resolution on your network allowing clients and servers to resolve hostnames to IP addresses
- Service Account domain user *2: a "service account" domain user account must be provided for the Sureview services on all of the Sureview servers to run as which has write access to the Database and Filestore (note a domain can be created using the Sureview servers if your IT team does not already host one)
- Database *2: a Microsoft SQL Server 2012 (or newer) Standard edition (or higher) database, configured for high availability and with valid licenses to cover your use (note this can be installed on the Sureview servers if your IT team does not host their own SQL Cluster)
- Filestore *2: a Windows Network Share (SMB) of at least 1TB in size *1 (note this can be created on the Sureview servers if your IT team does not host a SAN)
- Network Load Balancers *2: if you are scaling the Sureview tiers out you will need Network Load Balancers set up (note this can be created on the Sureview servers if your IT team does not provide them)
- SSL Certificates: SSL certificates must be provided for the Sureview App and Device Tier servers (you may require more than one if you are scaling the Sureview tiers out). SureView can assist with creating these if your IT team is not able to.
- SMTP Server: a real SMTP email server must be provided if you wish to have Sureview sending email alerts to users (such as when an incident occurs on a site). This can be installed on your Sureview servers if your IT team does not already host one.
The servers hosting any components of Sureview must meet the following requirements:
- OS: Windows Server 2012 (or newer) Standard edition (or higher) with enough CALs to cover each of your users.
- CPU: 16GHz total *1
- RAM: 8GB total *1
- HDD: 100GB
- Type: Physical or Virtual
- Hardware (referring to the Sureview servers themselves if physical, or the VM servers that are hosting the Sureview VMs if virtual):
- Redundant PSUs
- Redundant NICs
- Redundant HDDs
- Outgoing internet access: to be able to use the following features you will need access to these internet endpoints:
- SureView installer in online mode: "download.sureviewsystems.com:443"
- Push alerts to iOS users: "gateway.push.apple.com:2195 & 2196"
- Push alerts to Android users: "android.googleapis.com:443"
- Email alerts to users (only if the SMTP Server is on the Sureview servers): "All IP addresses:25"
The server hosting the MSSQL AlwaysOn Failover Clustering Witness is recommended to meet the following requirements:
- OS: Windows Server 2012 (or newer) Standard edition (or higher)
- CPU: 8GHz total
- RAM: 8GB total
- HDD: OS Drive 100GB
- Type: Physical or Virtual
The clients used to access Sureview must meet the following requirements:
- Browser: Google Chrome (latest version)
- Resolution / Minimum Browser Window Size: 1024x768
- CPU: 4GHz total at minimum
- RAM: 250MB per concurrent camera, minimum of 8GB
- GPU: H.264 acceleration (for example, if you are using the built-in GPU of an Intel CPU you need the Quick Sync Video feature supported and enabled)
- Speakers for audible alerts about events in the queue
- Microphone if performing audio transmission
- Network access:
- Your Sureview servers on port 443 (HTTPS)
- Google Maps: "maps.google.com:443" (HTTPS)
Minimum OS version: Oreo (v26)
Recommended: Pie (v28)
Minimum OS version: 12.1