Your network must have working DNS to resolve the hostnames of the servers to their IP addresses as per the Minimum Requirements. This is important for:
- Clients accessing the servers. Especially with the SSL Certificates which cover a hostname such as "sureview.yourdomain.com" and must resolve to the IP address of your Sureview tiers
- Servers talking to other servers in a scaled out system. Such as the app and device tier servers talking to the database server.
- Sending real emails to your system to be decoded as alarms. See the SMTP Alarm Receipt page.
This applies wherever you will be accessing your Sureview system from, whether just internally on your network or also externally over the internet.
- Internal and external DNS is usually administered by your IT team (internal DNS is usually part of your Active Directory domain)
- SureView can also provide guidance with the setup of this if your IT team are not able to