How To Troubleshoot Integration Event Issues
There are a number of issues that can cause event receipt features of integrations not to work:
- Issue with the integrated device's set up so it is not sending some/all events to Sureview (i.e. the "External Configuration" section of the integration's support page has not been followed)
- if the integration includes a Router service; the Router may not be configured to send the events to the Receiver service
- Issue with the network blocking the connections from the device (or Router service if the integration uses one) to Sureview (see Network Troubleshooting)
- A problem in the integration itself (i.e. there is a bug in the integration)
All services can provide live "trace" log output of what they are doing, either by writing to a rotating file or by telnetting to a TCP port.
The first thing to do for an event issue is to look at the trace for:
- The Router service (if the integration has one)
- The Receiver service
Inside the logs, look for:
- Whether you are receiving any events at all
- If you are receiving events, whether you are receiving the particular type of event / particular source that you are missing
- Whether there are any error messages (search for the text "Error" or "Exception"
Please sign in to leave a comment.