Areas represent various levels of monitored zones. Structure can vary based on your preferences and complexity of the system. Areas can be organized in a nested structure if needed to allow for easy navigation and inherited permissions.
MENU | SETUP | AREAS
- Locate areas by selecting the Menu icon and then selecting the Areas icon i
- You can edit areas by selecting the pencil icon to the right of each area.
- While editing, you can also choose to delete the area by selecting the button in the lower left corner of the window.
- Before you can delete an area, you must first disable the area. Also, all child areas must be disabled and removed before the parent area can be removed.
- Adding an area is done by selecting the button and filling in the required fields.
Area Management | Creating a New Area
An area can be a single building, a geographical location or a campus of buildings. The amount of detail used in creating areas will vary based on customer needs. An example could be a University. ABC University would be the Global area with Commercial buildings, Dorms and Faculty Buildings rounding out the parent areas. Once that is complete, you can create the different buildings that would populate the global and parent areas.
Area Management | Title
Choose titles that easily define the area. Take into account that searching through a large amount of areas is done alphabetically. Use global prefixes sparingly (ABC - Dorm 01, ABC - Library, etc…) as it increases the amount of typing to find a location.
Area Management | Address
Setting the address for an area is vital. This is what generates the map location for alarms raised in Sureview Ops. There are several methods for entering this data as it relies on Google Maps,
- Physical address
- The actual street address will set the map location. This basically takes the logical address and displays it as best as possible on Google maps.
- General Area or location name
- This can be any name identifiable in Google Maps including businesses, cities, states and landmarks. Not incredibly accurate since multiple locations could exist.
- Latitude, Longitude information (not required).
- If the SureView Business Intelligence Service is installed, it will add the latitude and Longitude based on a looking up the address in google.
- This information can be retrieved manually in several ways, but the most accurate is to open google maps and place a pin on the precise location you want represented. You can then go into the details of the pin and copy the numbers.
On creating a new area, the address is required by default. This means that an area cannot be saved unless an address is provided. In the case where the address should not be required, simply enabling the "AllowEmptyAddressesOnAreas" pref will allow users to create areas without an address.
Area Management | Time Zone
Setting the proper time zone in Sureview Ops is important to accurately display event information. Choose the time zone from the drop down menu.
Area Management | Parent Area
When creating areas, you must select a parent that the area is a sub area of. Your global or tenancy area is the first option followed by any parent areas you have created. All areas created in the system can be selected as a parent allowing you build your system as simple or as detailed as needed for your operations.
Area Management | Optional details
- Telephone & Alt. Telephone (If the area listed has a general contact number or numbers)
- Telephone Fire (Local Fire department if relevant to the area)
- Telephone Police (Local Police department if relevant to the area)
- Summary (Any additional notes or information needed including security, alarm companies or hours of operation)
Please sign in to leave a comment.