The Remote Link service allows for advanced functionality for an external system to interact with Sureview. It allows for the following functionality:
- Alarms passed from Sureview to an external system
- Alarms passed to Sureview from an external system
- Event closure in Sureview to be sent back to an external system including a full audit of all actions performed.
- Dispatches to be triggered from Immix to an external system, in which an event can be immediately pushed from Immix to an external system by an operator, and the audit to be updated as the event proceeds
- Sureview to raise Incident Reports in an external system
Note: Manual/ScheduIed patrols are not sent/received by Sureview Remote Link or the legacy SureView XML Link
The full XML protocol specification can be obtained by contacting Sureview.
Note: These are default ports only (they can be configured and therefore may be different to what's listed below)
3rd party server
Sureview server running Remote Link
For connecting to Sureview feed
Sureview App Tier Server
Sureview server running Remote Link
For Event Close Data
Once the Remote Link Service has been installed, you can use it with a single external XML connection without further setup. If you are looking to have more than one connection, you will need to go to the System page, and under the External Accounts tab, enter the IP address of the external system into the Connection Data. This will allow Immix to match incoming connections to which system is making them.
Customising Event Types
You can customise different event types to allow for different actions to be performed based on the type of alarm received.
On the V1 System page, and go to the XML Event Types tab.
The available details are as follows:
- Title: Will be shown to the operators on the receipt of an alarm.
- Description: For reference only.
- Code: This is the value that the alarms will match using - this should be provided to you by the third party manufacturer.
- Restorable: If this alarm type should receive a 'Restore alarm' before allowing the operator to exit the event.
- Tick the 'Restorable' box and enter the event code of the expected restore alarm in the 'Restore Code' field.
- Restore Alarm: If this event is a restore alarm (see the previous point) then tick the 'Restore Alarm' field.
Click "Save" to save these settings.
Adding a SureView XML Link site and Device in Sureview
To associate a site with a remote account, go to the site's Edit Details page. On the right hand column, you will see an External Account section.
Select the external system, and enter an account number, then click Done.
To allow a site to receive alarms from an XML connection, you will also need to add an XML device onto the site.
Navigate to the Sureview Device Setup page and click 'Add a Device'.
Click 'Show All' in the device type filter, select 'SureView XML Link in the device type drop-down box and then in the 'SubscriberlD' field enter the AccountID/SubscriberID from the third party account that Sureview will be receiving alarms from.
Configuring SIA Alarm forwarding
SIA Forwarding Process:
- Sureview connects to a specified Host and TCP port.
- Sureview sends the SIA signal
- Sureview Disconnects.
To enable SIA Alarm Forwarding on all ‘Immix RemoteLink’ sites the following configuration option must be added to the SVRemoteLinkController.exe.config file (which can be found on the Immix Server) make sure to change the SIA_Connection with the IP and Host of the system you want to send the SIA alarms to All SIA alarms will be forwarded using the ReceiverNumber and LineNumber specified in the config.
Note: Make sure to change the SIA_Connection with the IP and Port of the system you want to send the SIA alarms to
<add key-"SIA_Connection" value="192.168.1.24:9001"/>
<add key="SIA_ReceiverNumber" value="01"/>
<add key="SIA_LineNumber" value="1"/>
<add key="SIA_UseImmixEventCodes" value="true"/>
<add key="SIA_DefaultEcentCode" value="UA"/>
All SIA alarms will be forwarded using the ReceiverNumber and LineNumber specified in the config.
If UselmmixEventCodes is set to false (or if the alarm does not have an associated EventCode in the Sureview Database) the alarm will be forwarded using thc DefaultEventCode.
Please sign in to leave a comment.