This page will explain Custom Insight Reports.
Custom Insight Reports are reports that can be created by admin users. These reports will use SQL script to retrieve custom data for displaying in the report.
These reports can be created, updated and deleted as needed. Once a Custom Insight Report has been added, any User may access the report once the report permission (report name) has been added.
SureView setup package name: Custom Insight Module
Once the above package is installed, the following feature and permission have to enabled:
- Feature: Insights / CustomSQLReports
- Permission: Insights / Allow a user to create custom SQL Reports
Please note: Custom SQL reports cannot be run on a production database. There is an enforced requirement that the reports DB connection string is different from the normal DB connection string used for everything else. A way around this for testing is to add ApplicationIntent=ReadOnly to your reporting connection string.
Adding Custom Reports
- Click Create Custom Report button
- This will open the Create Custom Report Modal
- Enter the details for the Custom Report:
- Report Name: Enter a Custom report name
- Category: Select from dropdown list or enter a new category
- Default Graph Type: Select from dropdown list
- Custom Script: Enter a valid Select query
- Before the new custom report can be submitted then the SQL must first pass the parser. Enter a valid Script and Click Parse Script button. This will check the script entered is valid.
- The button will change to show the state of the check. Every time the Custom Script field changes the state will be reset.
- On failing the Parse Script, an error box will show with the error. Click OK to continue.
When the Parse Script has been successful, the Submit button will be enabled. Click Submit to add a new custom report.
On a successful submission, the new report will be shown in the report list under the Reports Created category.