- Manufacturer: Axis (+44 (0)1923 211 417 | +1 800 444 2947)
- Axis M7001 Encoder
- Axis RTPS H264
- Axis RTPS MPEG4
- Axis V2/3
- Axis V2/3 MJPEG
- Axis V4
- Axis V4 MJPEG
- Axis V5
- Axis V5 H.264
- Axis V5 MPEG4
- Type: Video (Camera / NVR / DVR / VMS)
- Event Receipt
- With attached video
- Quality Control
- Camera Control
- Output Control
Components and Communication
|Sureview Server||Axis Device||80 TCP||For connecting to live video|
|Axis Device||Sureview Server||25 TCP||For receiving alarms|
Axis v2/v3 Alarms
- The axis web interface has an 'application' running which may stop you from editing specific settings.
To disable this, go to 'Applications'->'Enable' and turn off the application by clicking 'Disable'.
*Always remember to turn this application back on after you are done editing the device settings. To do this, navigate to the page again and click 'enable'.
- On the configuration page of the device's web interface go to 'Network' ->'TCP/IP' and check that your network settings are correct.
- Go to 'Applications'->'Operation', select 'Alarm Mode' and click 'Save'.
- Go to 'Applications'->'Scheduler' and choose your required alarm settings.
- Go to 'Applications'->'Upload' and in the 'Primary Mail Server' field enter the IP address of your Sureview server, then in both the 'To' and 'From' fields enter the 'S' number email address (given in the Sureview setup report) then click 'Save'.
Axis v4+ Alarms (The layout of the options can vary dependant on firmware version)
- Go to 'Basic Configuration'->'TCP/IP' and check that your network settings are correct.
- Go to 'System Options'->'SMTP' and in the 'Primary Mail Server' field enter the IP address of your Sureview server.
You can also enter the port used for SMTP alarms here, which by default is 25.
- Go to 'Event Configuration'->Event Types" and add a new triggered event.
- Enter what inputs will trigger this alarm and in the 'To' field enter the device's 'S' number email address.
- Tick the 'Upload Image' option and in the 'To email address:' field enter the device's 'S' number email address.
Standard Sureview Setup
|Host||The external IP address of the device provided by the installer|
|Port||The port used to access the Axis device web interface|
|User||The username provided by the installer. A list of configured users can be found on the web interface under Setup > Basic Setup > Instructions > Users|
|Password||The password provided by the installer|
Axis v4 PTZ SetupOn an Axis version 4 device you will need to disable the PTZ queue in order to use PTZ within Sureview. To do this;
- Open an internet browser, and go to the Axis device's web interface. You may need to log in with your username and password.
- Click 'Setup'.
- Click 'Dome Configuration'.
- Click 'Control Queue'.
- Untick the 'Enable PTZ Control Queue' box then click 'save'.
Can't download/install package/updateThe Axis Integration uses a file called iljl11.dll this is part of the intel jpeg library and is critical for the Axis integration. It has been known however to flag as a false positive on a number of virus checkers and security filters. Please ensure an exception is added for this file so the package/update can be downloaded and installed A new update to the V5 firmware means that you will need to select the following option to use the device:
No Live videoIf the device is setup correctly and configured correctly in Sureview but you still can't get live view, then switching the resolution value (the extra value for most Axis integrations) between a blank value, 0 or 1 can fix this.
Audio transmit failingInstall the attached Axis Media Control SDK 6.06. This will install any missing codecs and hopefully resolve the issue.
If you have choppy audio try to use the following settings:
Additionally for audio to work in Sureview you must set the Encoding value of the Axis device to use G711 u-law
Failing to record post alarm footageCertain Axis devices have an issue where they are unable to properly authenticate when the Axis SDK is run from a Service. To resolve this, navigate to the users page (System Options > Security > Users). Check the box that states “Enable anonymous viewer login (no user name or password required)” . This will allow the alarm responder service to record post alarm footage without the need for user interaction.
For an Axis A8004 Door Controller use the following settings for audio:
Relay control for an Axis A8004 will use input/output 6 for the door lock. input/output 5 for the tamper switch and input/output 7 for the auxillary output.
Unable to receive attached footageThe Sureview Axis integration does not support the use of .mkv attachments. Please use .avi for video files sent from these devices
Axis C3003-EIn the Speakers WebUI, under 'Audio', 'Audio Settings'; the 'Encoding' must be set off the default to 'G711 u-law'. Only 'G711 u-law' encoding will work well with Sureview, the other options are unusably noisy.
It is understood that the C3003-E uses virtual inputs for relays such as pre-recorded audio and therefore may not be possible through Sureview as it typically uses outputs.
Additionally, Axis integration 220.127.116.11 is required for this device.