- Manufacturer: Bosch (01895 878093)
- Product: D6600
- Type: Alarm Receiver
- Event Receipt
Components and Communication
|Bosch 6600||Sureview Server||7700 UDP||For receiving heartbeats and alarms|
|Sureview Server||Bosch 6600||7700 UDP||For responding to heartbeats and alarms|
- The Bosch D6600 Receiver must be set to "SIA" mode ("D6500" mode is NOT supported).
- A Serial-to-Ethernet converter must be attached to each receiver and configured as per the 'Network Communications' section of the D6600 manual (Attached to the bottom of this page - baud rate 38400 using UDP mode).
- Panels must be set to send either "Contact ID" or "SIA" format signals (other formats are NOT supported).
Having connected and configured the Receiver with a Serial-to-Ethernet converter as described in the 'Network Communications' section of the D6600 manual (attached), next configure the Receiver to send its data to the IP of the Sureview server as the "Automation Network Connection" (menu option "6.3.1" - refer to the D6600 manual).
Each Bosch receiver sends UDP messages to Sureview and has a number of phone lines which receive signals from Panels.
To add a receiver to Sureview and set up line profiles:
- Go to the System tab, then go to "System Devices"
- Add a device entry for your Bosch D6600 Receiver providing the IP and UDP port
- Add a line profile for each telephone line you have connected to the Receiver
A panel is identified by its account number as well as the line number that it connects to in order to send alarms (i.e. you may have a panel with account number "1111" which connects to line "1" on a receiver, and this is different to panel "1111" that uses line "2" on the same receiver)
For safety, one should put line, 0,1 and 2 in the primary line profile.
To add a panel to an Sureview site:
- Add a "Bosch D6600" device to a site
- Choose the Line Profile that the panel will be alarming in to (created above)
- Provide the Account Number of the panel
Not receiving alarms in Sureview
If you are not receiving alarms, check the following points:
- Have you done the steps in "Setting up Sureview to receive alarms" above?
- Is the receiver configured to send its alarms to the IP address of your Sureview server?
- Can the Sureview server ping the Receiver? If it can't then the two cannot communicate with each other on the network.
- If you run the Simulation software on your server (you will need to stop the Sureview Bosch Receiver service) do you receive alarms? If this does not work then your receiver is not configured properly.
- If you are seeing System.Net.Sockets.SocketException errors in the trace output which state
The requested address is not valid in its contextthen it is likely you may have set the wrong value in the NetworkInterface section of the exe.config file
Outgoing network interface
The Bosch receiver expects replies and acknowledgements to come from the same IP address that it is sending its alarms to. If you have a server with more than one connected network card you will need to ensure that the Bosch Service is replying on the same interface as it is receiving on. As such, this means that the bosch receivers cannont be load balanced.
To do this, edit SVBoschReceiver.exe.config and enter the IP address of your network interface in the NetworkInterface setting. Note: A blank value means it will choose your default network card. This is fine on a server with only one connected network interface.