Sync allows administrators to create connections to 3rd party systems that can be used to pull in device configuration information, and continually update that information when changed within the 3rd party system.
The sync configuration is made up of two sections:
Sync Systems link to the 3rd party system that we are going to synchronise against. This could be the VMS or Access Control Server.
Sync Entries are the individual entries of the sync System. This is where you define what individual group/collection/area of peripherals/devices to synchronise to a SureView Area. You can use this to synchronise all the cameras to a single area within SureView or to split them up into logical groups (e.g. 1st floor cameras, 2nd floor cameras etc)
In order to use the map setup interface, you must:
- Have the "Sync" feature enabled within your Feature Setup.
- Have the "Edit system settings" permission.
Sync is available within the core product from version 1.2+. Be sure to also install the latest version of the sync service using the SureView installer.
Adding a Sync System
Navigate to the Sync setup page. Switch to the "Sync Systems" tab. Click the "Add Sync System" button on the right hand side of the page.
A popup modal will appear, enter your device information here based on the instructions provided for the integration you are setting up. When selecting your area, the sync system will be available to all areas beneath the area you add it to.
Once the required fields are filled in, the "Save" button will become active. Click this button once you have finished adding your setup information.
Once saved, your Sync System will be available for use.
Adding a Sync Entry
Switch tabs to the "Sync Entries" tab. This is where you will define what information each sync system will pull into each area. The entries table is made up of the following columns:
- Sync System - The sync system used to pull the information into SureView.
- Area - The area the synced information will be added to.
- Identifier - One or more paramaters informing the sync system of the data it should bring in.
- Enabled - If this sync entry should be kept up to date or not.
- Sync Status - If the sync has completed or is actively trying to sync.
- Last Updated - When the sync was last completed (in the browsers time)
- Sync Type - What sync method should be used (Device or Dynamic Data List).
Click on the "Add Sync Enty" button to add a new sync entry.
A popup modal will appear allowing you to select a system to sync with, provide the sync identifier and also the area the information will be synced into.
Once complete, hit the "Save" button. Your new entry will begin syncing right away.
Why doesn't my sync entry ever finish syncing?
There could be a number of reasons for this, common causes could be:
- Sync service isn't installed or is intalled but isn't running.
- Insufficient license credits.
- Misconfiguration - Wrong identifier, incorrect sync system details, etc...
Why can't I add a sync system for the integration I want?
Not all integrations support sync, this information will be provided on the support page for the relevant integration. Also, be sure the integration has been installed onto your system.